Through your generosity, UWYGPM is able to increase prison support services and expand the prison visitation program to assist inmates and families in maintaining family relationships during incarceration. These services include:
- Shuttle bus service to various Indiana prisons for the family and friends of inmates. (Rider fees are based the ability to pay).
- Counseling for the family during and after the incarceration of a family member.
- Referral service to existing social and educational organizations for assistance and needs assessment.
- Spiritual retreat to provide educational forums, survival skills, and guidance for personal fulfillment and growth.
- Distribution center for clothing and essential food items.
- Support network to allow strength through numbers.
Supplemental UWYGPM service programs
- Girl friends – This support group for women meets each Friday evening and hosts an annual retreat weekend at French Lick Resort.
- Holiday Assistance – This much needed toy and clothing gift program benefits the children of UWYGPM riders. The joy exhibited on the children’s faces is immeasurable.
- Speakers Bureau – Cecelia Whitfield and various Board of Director members offer their experience in the form of presentations. While stressing the important role that faith communities has upon the families, these thoughtful speakers address not only the issues that affect the families and those returning from prisons, but its impact upon the community at large.
- Family Advocate – This advocacy program provides family support via regular home visits, crisis intervention, developmental screening of children, and children’s regular file maintenance (emergency contact, health, immunization, family partnership agreement, family profile, etc.).